Monday, June 21, 2010

#14 Goodfellas

This review took me so long because I don’t really like this movie. I’ve seen it before a couple times and I was never really impressed. It’s a well made, well acted, well scored gangster movie that helped define what made a gangster movie, but I guess it just wasn’t for me. I can’t really give a good reason why. Maybe it’s how heavy it is. I mean there is some seriously depressing shit in this movie. Such horribleness. Everyone is mean to each other, people are killed for nothing, and everyone snorts cocaine. Ray Liotta and Lorraine Bracco fight constantly. How messed up are their kids going to be?

But aside from that, I can’t really think of anything. Maybe I just don’t really vibe on gangster movies. As I try to think about it, I don’t think I can name one I like all that much. Except the Godfather series, but that’s the Cadillac. Everyone likes the Cadillac.
Anyway, I put this one off for too long. But that shouldn’t happen again as I the next one has been eluding me for almost 2 years.
Also, I don’t like Ray Liotta.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like gangster movies either, and I don't like Ray Liotta, but I thought this one was good. Most of all I liked the ending when Liotta's character gave his "egg noodles and ketchup" speech.

    ReplyDelete